July 16, 2014

Summer 2014 Reading List


























I love looking at other peoples reading list and being introduced to new books. One of my favorite things about summer is all of the summer reading lists that get published on blogs and in newspapers and magazines. Maybe some of you are the same, so here is my summer 2014 reading list.
#GIRLBOSS || Sophia Amoruso: Im sure you have all seen this book on other blogs and social media. Its written by the founder of Nasty Gal about how she got to where she is today. Im reading this right and it is so good and super easy to read. A good easy summer read.
Wild || Cheryl Strayed: At 26, Cheryl Strayed made an impulsive decision to hike the Pacific Crest Trail from the Mojave Desert to Washington state with no training or experience and all alone. I have been more interested in nonfictions lately and was really interested in this one one our local paper wrote about it. Its being made into movie being released later this year, Cheryl being played by Reese Witherspoon. You can watch the trailer here.
Looking For Alaska || John Green: From the same author as The Fault in our Stars, about a boy who goes to boarding school and meets Alaska Young (I kind of love Alaska as a name), a girl who pulls him into her own world.
Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children || Ransom Riggs: The cover got me on this one. About an abandoned orphanage on a mysterious island. The orphanage held peculiar children that may have been dangerous. Jacob, who found out about this from his grandpa goes investigating to see why his grandpa  was always looking over his shoulder in fear.
Rebecca || Daphne du Maurier: I think I might save this one until the end of summer when it starts getting colder and rainy. If I can wait that long. It was recommended to me by my brothers girlfriend who couldnt stop raving about it and let me borrow this copy of it.  An old library book with the checkout slip still attached with the first due date being Jan. 12, 1970. The only way to read an old mystery, romance taken place at an old mansion.

What are you reading this summer? What is your favorite book that you have ever read? I would love to know!

10 comments:

  1. I LOVED Looking for Alaska! My boyfriend just read that and loved it, too. I just picked up An Abundance of Katherines and Paper Towns (I've already read TFIOS) and added them to my list. I still need to read The Good Luck of Right Now and The Rosie Project before I start those! I've been seeing #GIRLBOSS around a lot and I might pick that up, too. Thanks for sharing!

    xo Kimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes me excited for Looking for Alaska! Its been on my list for awhile now and I'm hoping to cross it off this summer! Thanks for the other recommendations!

      Delete
  2. looking for alaska is SO good! and Girl Boss is on my list, too!

    xxoo,
    nikki

    www.dream-in-neon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so glad to hear that! Girl Boss is so good so far!

      Delete
  3. I want to add #GIRLSBOSS to my reading list! I’ve read Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children a while back and loved it, already purchased the sequel! =)

    Nydia
    www.agirlnamednydia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so happy to hear that about Miss Peregrines! I haven't heard anything about it and really just bought it because of the cover… :)

      Delete
  4. Great list! Everyone is talking about #Girlboss so I might have to add it to my list, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I just finished it and its super good!

      Delete
  5. I love your copy of Rebecca! I haven't read it yet, but it's on my TBR list. I'm hoping to get to #GIRLBOSS this summer, but there are a lot of books that I'd like to read that I already own so I should probably look at those first. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't this copy amazing! Its perfect for this book!

      Delete

Search Pretty Lovely