October 20, 2014

Halloween Eyes | Tutorial

Halloween is creeping up on us pretty fast now and I don't know about you, but I have been wearing spider earrings, skeleton bows and anything else I can associated with this scary day. That includes a little darker eye than usual. So, I've got a simple Halloween eyes tutorial for you today. I want to make it super clear that I am not a makeup artist, I have no training what so ever in this subject. I probably put the products on in the wrong order or didn't use the right technique. Im just showing something that I came up with while playing around. So, here we go!

Start by priming your eyes so your eyeshadow stays put. 
Place a bright orange shadow all over your lids. I used one from the Coastal Scents Shimmer Palette. Really pack it on, so a little pops through when you put the black on. 
Next I used Nars Night Breed in the outer corner of my eye and blended that into the crease. 
To brighten the inner corners, I used a lighter orange from the same Coastal Scents Palette and also placed that underneath my bottom lashes. 
I took some more of the black shadow and blended that underneath the outer half of my bottom lashes and made sure to really blend it with the lighter orange. Make sure to keep the black to the outer half of the lashes. 
To help soften the black in the crease and underneath the brow, I took a light cream color and blended it with the black. Blend. Blend. Blend. 
Next I used an Urban Decay black eyeliner in my waterline and a liquid eyeliner on my eyelids. I would have created a cat eye, but my eyelids don't allow me to do that :( 
Finish off with some mascara and you are done! 
If you don't like the typical Halloween colors, you could easily use purple or green or any other color you wanted with the black.

Let me know if you create this look! I would love to know how it goes! Do you want to see more tutorials? This was my first one and I kind of enjoyed it.

Thanks for reading!
xo

4 comments:

Search Pretty Lovely